View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 03:06 PM   #9
NormHart
Semper Carpe Bufo
NormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle2 & Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by parafluie View Post
My goodness. Why can't I plug my Kindle in, and then from my computer, make files and subdirectories and move the files into them?

I find moving around a Kindle screen tediously excruciating simply for reading (no way will I use this for web access), and don't want to have to do this for "housekeeping!"

Please tell me this is doable!

OTOH, can I do my filing online with the Sony 650? Sigh. How about the iPad?
You certainly can create files (sic folders?) and subdirectories and move files into them. The Kindle will not recognise them though. Why the Kindle has that capability and yet can not see that structure within it's own operating system is another question.

It is all rather bizarre and seems to have something to do with Jeff Bezos' weird fetishes and phobias.
NormHart is offline   Reply With Quote