View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 06:49 PM   #13
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by queentess View Post
I have a decalgirl skin on my K2 and I've had multiple skins from them over the years for my phones and my Nintendo DSes.
Updated my above post, but want to add this here to make sure everyone sees it.

Installed my two new skins today (one for my new K3 and a new one for my "old" K2 that my husband is inheriting).

Upon a fresh installation, I have minor modifications to make to my prior statement.

1. Remove the keyboard part of the sticker from the backing, punching out the key holes as you go. Remove the decal about halfway up the screen.
2. Leaving top part of decal on the backing, apply the decal to the keyboard. Be sure to press out any air bubbles.
3. Remove rest of decal from backing and carefully line it up along the screen edge. Press out air bubbles.

decalgirl has either increased their quality since I last ordered, or the "matte" version I ordered this time differs significantly from the "glossy" skins. I 'goofed' when applying the back decal to my K3; it's a tight fit to apply it and not have it interfere with the paging buttons. I applied the entire decal, but I didn't like the way it hit my left paging buttons. I was able to remove the ENTIRE decal, with no danger of stretching, and reapply it. You've always been able to "reposition" the decalgirl skins, but this is a significant improvement of the material (it didn't stretch at all) and the adhesive backing (it came off easily enough).
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote