View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 07:12 PM   #8
Tautology
Tautology began at the beginning.

Device: PRS500 & Motorola Q
I am looking for the firmware version prior to 1.0.02.01300. I purchased the unit in Dec 06, did the first F/W upgrade in Feb-Mar timeframe--then battery life dropped (subjective experience). Sent unit in for service: replaced battery. Upgraded F/W to 1.0.03.07170--same perceived battery life issue. Sent unit in for service: re-FLASh'd with ...07170, still same issue. At this point I'm getting about 160 pages worth of reading over a 2 week period (yup, draws power when OFF).
Third return (before reading all these marvelous posts), returned today with wall-wart (AC adapter). Had long chat with service engineer at Sony yesterday bouncing around various ideas.
Then it hit me: could the F/W from ver. 1.0.02.01300 forward have changed the idle process in the CPU (e.g. wake-up timer, etc.) so that we have a 4 week battery life regardless of ON or OFF (keeping it in my sock drawer).
Time for an experiment... need .EXEs for 1.0.02.01300 and earlier (I'm trying to get it from Sony as well along with battery specs').
Tautology is offline   Reply With Quote