View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 10:19 PM   #4
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Mobiscribe Origin, Fire HD tablets
Recertified ASUS EEE PC Netbook $212 shipped at Newegg.com

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834220799

6-cell battery gets over 8 hours away from a power outlet, comes with Win XP Home. $40 more gets you the extended 12 mth warranty since it's a refurb; I never bother with the warranty myself. I like these units and if they meet your needs are great value for the money. Can be upgraded to 2GB RAM, costs about $40 more depending on the brand of the RAM you choose to buy, and access to change the RAM is easy even for technophobes.

Similar units were available at Buy.com at around $229 but none at the moment, I just checked.

Use OpenOffice (free) instead of MS Office to save more money.

Hope this helps!
ngrant is offline   Reply With Quote