Thread: Nook 2?
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 04:58 PM   #45
soondai
Guru
soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite
just got back from Barnes and Noble right now where I stopped at the Nook desk andchecked one out. The guy who came to give me the spiel said it was a "safe bet" that Nook 2 would come out in time for the holidays, but that he had no idea what the differences or price would be. Said they really aren't given that info since "hold out for a few months" isn't the ideal sales pitch.

If they come in a little cheaper or nicer, I'd like to go with the Nook instead of the Kindle. Don't like the idea of mobi and that you can't even change your own battery (makes me think of it as disposable--even if it is 3 year disposable).

But I have a bday coming in a month and it's gonna be pretty tough not to wish for a Kindle unless I know something concrete within the next couple of weeks.
soondai is offline   Reply With Quote