View Single Post
Old 08-21-2010, 07:50 PM   #4
Sonist
Apeist
Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Generic virtual reality story-experiential device
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post

Still missing these PDF-related features:
- reflow
- link support (for TOC navigation etc.)
- 'search my items' does not include text in PDFs (beyond metadata - if you have the PDF open you can search text inside that)
- it remains to be seen whether any pre-existing PDF annotations will be editable, or if annotations added by Kindle will be viewable by other PDF viewers.
Wow!

I did not realize that Amazon is so dumb as not to include link support in the newest revision! So, no EPUB and no decent PDF support.

Link support is a must for reading anything with footnotes, otherwise it's impossible to go back and forth.

I was just about to order a Kindle DXG. This just killed the deal.

Is anyone else coming out with a large-screen Perl device soon?
Sonist is offline   Reply With Quote