View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 04:47 PM   #5
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I don't know about you, but the fact they expect the customer to regularly upgrade the firmware really pisses me off.
I very much agree. I also make a product where we release firmware from time to time and in my experience most customers find this a daunting process if they're even aware that it can be done. Your typical customer isn't going to delve that deeply into the manual or support site. If they do end up contacting support and are told to upgrade, they're usually quite resistant to doing it because they're afraid to mess it up. Heck, most end users would rather buy a new computer than upgrade their OS.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote