View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 04:04 PM   #14
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
I'm not in the US either. Pick whatever state and school you like off the list. They neither check, nor care.

The software opens up fine once you're past that step, and works well enough with a couple of nifty features (though if you have an Intel Mac, the old B&N Reader app is actually much better at most of the more useful functions).

I should warn you that the Release Notes do say that the textbook-buying function is only available to US and Canada, if that's what you were interested in. But there are ways around that geo-restriction, too.

ETA: Hey, I just went from Zealot to Groupie with this post!
Thanks, I'll do that. I'm on a PC so I think it'll work. Geographic restrictions just make me so angry. Right now I just don't have the strength or time to try to go around them, I have too many things at work and school to worry about. (I presume there's something somewhere here I can look up if the need ever arises? I'd mostly be interested in checking out their library and information science books.)

And yay for Groupie!
citac is offline   Reply With Quote