View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 11:24 PM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by apb View Post
I had read earlier about the Topaz issue, but how could I have known before I bought the ebook that it was one of those? Do I have to download the sample first?
Yes. Once you have the sample, open it in a program like Notepad++ if the first 4 characters in the sample are TPZ0 then the book is topaz.

The other answers on how to tell if it is Topaz have always worked for me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apb View Post
(I could have bought the same title as an epub, but the Kindle version was cheaper. False economy, as it turns out!)
Whether the book was topaz or not the odds are very, very high that the book you bought from Amazon would have been restricted by DRM. This means you would need to remove the DRM before calibre could convert the file to epub.

But at least you had the option of the app so you aren't out the money.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote