View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 10:02 AM   #344
Balerion
Connoisseur
Balerion began at the beginning.

Device: K2i K3w
I had an idea and asked NiLuJe if it would work before I went and screwed up my Kindle... I got rid of the italics on the collections name in the book browser. All I had to do was copy Sans_Bold.tff out onto my PC and rename it Sans_BoldItalic.tff and replaced the existing one in the fonts folder (I wasn't sure if it would work incase the Operating system was expecting an italic version of a font... why I asked NiLuJe first), and it worked. YAY!!! No more stupid italics on the Collections names!!! (Droid Sans Bold being the version of Sans_Bold that was used from NiLuJe's personally named font set).

So... for anyone that wants to get rid of the italics in the collections names... now you know you can (if you didn't know already that is)

UPDATED_____________

BTW... I don't (but don't quote me on it) think you need to necessarily use the Sans_Bold.ttf renamed to Sans_BoldItalic.ttf like I used... it was NiLuJe's recommendation to try Sans_Regular.ttf... but given the wording in my query email, I don't think he knew quite what I meant when I asked him about it.

But... nevertheless... copying out your Sans_Bold.ttf and renaming to Sans_BoldItalic.ttf and replacing it, looks really nice because it matches the use of the same font as Sans_Bold.ttf on the rest of the screen (top and bottom etc)...

Last edited by Balerion; 07-30-2010 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Update
Balerion is offline   Reply With Quote