View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 11:50 AM   #16
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
The entries with no books attached have no file size.
I recall being told that size is rounded off. If true, they may still have a small book.

Quote:
The problem is that the whole calibre folder is wonky with some books missing.
Do you know how this happened? Regardless, you can move your library with the library function in 0.7.10, and it will separate your wonky folders that Calibre doesn't know about from those it does know about.

If all the leftovers have books in them, you could just auto-add them and the automatic merge would put them with the matching entries that have correct dates and other metadata.

Quote:
I need to make sure the right record is the dominant one in the merge process.
The automatic merge would avoid this problem.

Quote:
One of the most important items I need to keep is the date. I use it to keep track of my reading.
And this problem.

Quote:
The re-added files often add with today's date and I don't want to lose the old date.
New files always add with the current date. A slight problem when I wrote the merge function is that all records always have a date. There's no way to tell which is the "better" one, so it's always set to the first selected record in a manual merge. In an automatic add/merge the existing record is never touched, so its date is always the final one.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote