View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 10:44 AM   #8
dwharrison
Info Geek
dwharrison will become famous soon enoughdwharrison will become famous soon enoughdwharrison will become famous soon enoughdwharrison will become famous soon enoughdwharrison will become famous soon enoughdwharrison will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad, iPhone 3GS, Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonimeesermann View Post
Already done that. And although I must admit it is pretty nice app, but still no orientation lock (update 1.1.1 doesn't seems to add this feature), so back to 3.1.2 and jailbroken for me.

I really hate it when I want to concentrate to read while lying in bed but have to worry every single time about ibooks changing its orientation :
iBooks will likely never have an orientation lock because iOS4 has a systemwide lock and iPads have a physical lock switch. The move seems to be away from each app having its own lock switch.

What generation of Touch do you have? If it's from last fall or more recent (other than the 8GB model, which carries over an older hardware design), iOS4 would give you access to the lock by double-clicking the Home button and then swiping the list of recent apps that appears at the bottom to the left.

On an older device, there is no multitasking and Apple has kept the MRU app interface, including the orientation lock, off of these devices for some strange reason.
dwharrison is offline   Reply With Quote