View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 12:43 PM   #43
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Tackitt View Post
Since I don't know how to do all that, I will direct you to a free one that has SD listed:
http://www.amazon.com/The-Malacca-Co...715843&sr=1-74
Simultaneous Device Usage: Up to 5 simultaneous devices, per publisher limits
Yes, that was one of the non-PD publisher promo freebies I picked up, and it definitely can't be transferred between accounts/devices (I have 1 Kindle and 1 K4Mac capable computer, and DRMed AZW files even from the same account can't be transferred between both without redownloading a fresh copy for the appropriate device), or used in Calibre/converted without DRM-stripping.

I think there may perhaps have been some confusion on the CS rep's part on what the term "Simultaneous Device Usage" means on its own, versus what it might possibly distinguish when "Unlimited" is appended to it on a product description, instead of a set numerical limit or no such details at all, in much the way that a lack of file size in kb and only a Print Length listing in pages on a Kindle book seems to consistently mean that it comes in the dreaded Topaz format.

In any case, it doesn't really matter to me, since due to the extra $2 Whispernet surcharge on non-freebies for non-US Kindlers, I prefer to get books via other stores if I can, and have yet to actually pay for any ebooks from Amazon itself, though I expect that will change eventually if there's something I truly want that I can't get elsewhere.

And I'd be a filthy DRM-stripper anyway (still legal to "break digital locks" in Canada, despite the best efforts of our useless sellout Heritage Minister), so it's a moot point.

Last edited by ATDrake; 07-21-2010 at 12:46 PM.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote