View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 05:11 AM   #10
dhbailey
Guru
dhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enough

Device: HP iPAQ211 / PRS 500, 700 and 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanart View Post
Please Patricia, do not be discouraged. All the hours you've spent converting and uploading books is very much appreciated.
I try to avoid "me too" posts, but in this case, to encourage Patricia, I'll shout out "Don't be discouraged."

Anais9000 makes a lot of assumptions which are without proof, such as that you haven't read what you're converting (I personally don't care if you have read them or not, I appreciate your efforts in posting them here since I don't have time to do anything other than run the PG texts through a massaging program to eliminate the hard returns on each line).

As for Anais9000 choosing to change what everybody else has pointed out is in every edition, and has even been footnoted in a scholarly edition, this brings up a big philosophical point in all the conversions we do:

Editing is best left to those who have access to original manuscripts or to first editions, while those who work with PG texts, in my not-so-humble opinion, should simply put the texts into useful format, choosing to add links to chapters or not as they have the time and inclination, and not try to be a scholarly editor correcting the collected errors of poor editions.

Keep those books coming, Patricia! Please.
dhbailey is offline   Reply With Quote