Thread: Classic Feedback on newspapers?
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 12:11 AM   #12
beartard
Minister of Linux
beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: nook, T-Mobile MyTouch 3G Slide
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireRunner View Post
I'm not familiar with Calibre. Can you send news feeds to your Nook?
Calibre is ebook/ereader management software. It's cross-platform and feature-rich. Among its features are: ability to convert between drm-free ebook formats, downloading news from websites, managing your library, and being written and maintained by a member of this forum.

Say I want to read my favorite newspaper's rss content. I set it up with Calibre and the software downloads the feed at a settable time and converts it to an ebook format. When I plug my nook in, Calibre uploads it and deletes the original on the computer. If a USB hookup isn't your thing for such, you can set up Calibre as a server and have the download happen over wifi.
beartard is offline   Reply With Quote