View Single Post
Old 12-14-2013, 02:06 PM   #2061
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
The cloud collections part of the update ruined my experience. I side load 100% of my books, because I run them all through Calibre and edit the formats to my liking. I also didn't have wifi on except once a month. Thus, after the update, I got constant pop up windows about not syncing to the cloud, not being connected to wifi, I couldn't stand it. (Not to mention that it imported every collection I ever had on any Kindle since 2010..4 different devices...hundred or more collections that I didn't need or want). So yeah, it ruined the experience for me.

I could have just not used collections at all, but that was the last straw. I was already annoyed at having to embed my fonts and then open and change to publisher defaults. So like I said, cloud collections was the final nail.

I needed to use collections to put my books in, as my son was reading a book on it and I wanted him to be able to find it. So now he is reading it on my Kobo Glo, which has a home page with recent book cover tiles that I love, and he should be able to find his book right there any time.

Last edited by booklover6; 12-14-2013 at 02:09 PM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote