View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 08:29 PM   #5
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
I can't vote in the poll, because I'm in it.

Feel free to translate "The Case of The Golden Coprolite". Red should be portrayed as a, well, is there a French equivalent of a Texan? Read the Concordance to try to translate some of the cultural in-jokes. "What is the cheapest, worst tasting, common wine in France?" or Corsica for Chicago, ect.

Oh, yes, the translation needs to be public domain, just like the original...RSE
I don't think you should be prevented to vote, nor to suggest other projects you find interesting. In elections, everyone gets to vote!

Red will remain a Texan! There is no way I can change his nature, I won't spoil your main character. As for cultural references, I don't expect to modify them, unless they imply word play. Your work as a unique flavor, and I really enjoyed your writing, I hope I will do it justice.

The translation will be public domain, don't doubt it! I want to do this for fun, to make stories more accessible to the French users of MR - and also to widen my skills... Literary translation is a closed field in Québec, but it's also what appeals to me the most, hence translating on MR gets me closer to my goal.
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote