View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 04:59 AM   #11
zacheryjensen
Addict
zacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-books

Device: iPad, iPhone 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
How is this "an award-winning application" if it just came out?
Don't hate me for being a devil's advocate, but, if they replicate the exact features that won another platform's version with high accuracy (particularly with the near perfect accuracy they may attain if direct code porting is possible) then I feel it's satisfactory to continue reflecting the supposed award from another version.

It's not like this is the first eReader software to be released, just the first version for Android. And, as I've been using eReader over time, each new platform seems to retain most of not all the features of previous platforms as they add new features. So it stands to reason, if they won some arbitrary award 10 years ago for a Palm app and it has all the same features, they will probably tout that same award for another 10 years if it helps marketing.
zacheryjensen is offline   Reply With Quote