View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 04:18 PM   #40
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Yes, this describes more or less my thoughts about Mansfield Park in much better way than I could have done myself. When I wrote my last post I haven't read the final chapter and like you, Issybird and fantasyfan, pointed out - it is a big break in an otherwise great book.

What I don't share with you, fantasyfan, is the opinion about Henry Crawford. I don't believe that he loved Fanny sincerely. He is the typical hunter and his "love" is proportionate to the resistance he experiences. If Fanny really had consented to marry him his love would vanish quite quickly, I am sure. But that's of course only my impression, I am well aware that one can see him in another light.

Who improved with me while reading this book for the second time is Mary Crawford. This time I liked her much better than when reading the book for the first time a few years ago.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote