View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 11:09 AM   #1
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Am I never to be satisfied with the JetBook Color?

I think my initial impression of the JBC has left a negative impression that it wont be able to over come. I am getting the feeling that I wont be happy with it no matter what improvements they bring. Some examples from this update

1 I have figured out how to just highlight. open menu, select text selection mode for the stylus. then highlight click menu with the stylus and then exit that without doing anything. great but its so many steps and the worst part is I dont get ot choose what color the highlight is. If I have color highlighting I wnat to use several different colors for things that go to different ideas.

where is the stylus menu where i can choose line thickness eraser and color etc by just clicking icons?

2 now we have some text books. Much better than the other references included. But i was going through the pre-algebra texts and it talks about learning how to use a graphing calculator. there is a graphing calculator on board but can i access it from the text here? no

with pocketbook I can open a menu and select from the last 10 things either other books or programs like the graphing calculator! then quickly jump back to the textbook where i left off. cant do that here.

3. I can zoom in and write with the pen and then zoom out. but about every 2 seconds it "saves" with an icon on the screen. and the zoom is limited to 150%. and everythign is throught he menu. click menu, click zoom, click 150, click menu , click stylus mode, click draawing, draw/save/draw/save, clcik menu, click stylus mode, click stylus off, exit menu, use buttons to pan around, start over. at normal reading mode i can easily still read the writing and probably could have written it without zoming

With my Onyx M90 i can selection zoom a chart for instance (did this last night) which brings it up to like 400% full screen. then scribble all over it with no saving delay. then click an icon on the bottom of the display to switch to panning mode , slide around to another part of the page, click the icon back to scribble , write some more and then zoom back to fit display/hide margins etc. the text i wrote is so small it looks like dots and straight lines when in normal reading mode

thats a big wall of text i know but the point being I feel like every update is just going to leave me feeling like "here's one more thing they havent done yet"

edit- why can i turn on wifi and configure it with my router etc but there isnt anything that can be done after that? shoudl have waited to turn on the wifi menu until we could do something besides turn it on and off
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote