View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010, 01:17 PM   #14
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilHare View Post
I am a long time fan of eInk and I was wondering: what does the casual user think of the difference between what the iPad offers in terms of quality of display compared to a good eInk display for good old plain eBooks?
I have a Kindle 1 and have read a good bit on my girlfriend's iPad.

I'd call myself a casual user as I'm not an avid reader or die hard e-ink fan. I seldom read for more than one hour straight etc.

I prefer the iPad to the Kindle. I tend to read in dimmer lighting, so the backlight turned down to the appropriate level works well. I prefer the larger screen as I can make the text bigger and still have a ton more words per page. And I love not having the slow page turns and flash of e-ink.

I'll eventually get the iPad or some other tablet and use that as my main reading device. Though the tablet will get used more for internet, video, newspaper apps etc. than novel reading.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote