View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 02:12 PM   #136
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
... I'm just struggling to visualise exactly the right settings in ffmpeg.

Ah well I'm playing now, Ill figure it out
I too aim to evolve the demos to be more robust and informative and the audio thread to contain at least enough data to get most audio requiring apps off the ground.
Look at the script posted above that decodes audio and video with ffmpeg and pipes them to raw2gmv|gmplay and to aplay.

Real tools indeed need to be robust. But tutorial demos need to be crystallized into their bare essence with no distracting baggage (like error handling that can easily swamp the inner algorithm). I am also a big fan of getting as much of the important stuff "above the fold" (no scrolling) as possible, which means minimal white space. You can always expand it with AStyle later...
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote