View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 01:52 PM   #10
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by zork40 View Post
I grew up reading almost nothing but Stephen King. I stopped for awhile, and don't read as much as I used to. I also have a habit of reading in bed when I'm tired, making it harder to get through a book unless it's great. I read Cell, and loved it until the end. I felt cheated, like he just didn't know how to end the book. He had me wondering what was going to happen and never told me.

That made me seriously consider not reading any more Stephen King. I then spotted Duma Key at a used book store for $3 and grabbed it. It's great so far, and the reviews for it seem to be pretty good so hopefully he will have some sort of ending that doesn't leave you feeling cheated.

tDuma Key in hardcover is a prettyhick book. Every time I get tired of holding it I'm one step closer to getting a Kindle.
I felt the same way about Cell. It had the potential to be another "The Stand" but fell short.

I read "Duma Key" in hardcover and yes it is a big book. I always take the cover off so that it doesn't get torn being toted around in my backpack. The cover goes back on when I've finished the book. I bought "Just After Sunset" in hardcover, a Kindle book and an audiobook. I ended up using the audiobook to keep me company in Los Angeles traffic for a few days (couldn't finish the last story though, it was just too gross for me ).
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote