View Single Post
Old 06-01-2014, 12:57 AM   #21
Marty_B
Marty_B can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Marty_B can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Marty_B can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Marty_B can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Marty_B can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Marty_B can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Marty_B can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Marty_B can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Marty_B can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Marty_B can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Marty_B can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherCat View Post
The following on PCs, but should be the same on a Windows 8.x tablet.

I find that the file type is given by the default reading app's icon for the each book's file type in Calibre Viewer's display of the library. However, I generally only keep one file type for each book, where one has multiple file types of the same book experience may differ with respect to identification and its preference for opening to read.

I cannot comment on the cloud as I do not use it for Calibre, but regarding getting a blank screen with a local drive db the only occasion I have experienced that is if I have had Calibre running as well as Calibre Viewer in which case the library Calibre has open will not view in Calibre Viewer as the db is locked. This has had me perplexed a couple of times until I remember that I had not closed Calibre after a session with it . Your problem may be different, of course.
When a document has multiple formats available, each one will show up separately. Calibre Viewer has no bullt-in preference. This is on purpose. It does mean that if you happen to have sixteen formats of the same document, each one will list separately.

For cloud storage, I have to admit that I had not looked at that. For me, this was about making these my libraries browseable while offline. I will test that out and see how it goes. I will say that it uses the standard file-picker, which is built by Microsoft, and which has its limitations. I doubt it knows how to handle ODPS. Again, I will look at cloud storage and see what I can do about that.
Marty_B is offline   Reply With Quote