View Single Post
Old 02-17-2009, 09:34 AM   #1
Stacey34
Connoisseur
Stacey34 doesn't litterStacey34 doesn't litter

Device: Sony 505 (Red)
I got my 505 yesterday!

First off let me just say that I LOVE my 505! I mean I am hooked!
I did not end up ordering it from B & H tho. I appreciate all the feedback about their store I may use them in the future.
I will try to tell my story in a short version.
I went to the Sony Style store on Sunday and purchased a red 505. I didn't open the box because of their 15% restocking fee. I wanted to be sure I was going to keep it. Spending that much money made me nervous. On the way home I posted on here about B & H photo and video to get some info about them since they were selling it cheaper than I had just paid for one. (I know I should have done my homework before buying one not after! lol)
I decided that I was going back yesterday to return the one to the store and order online. I explained to the salesperson that I had changed my mind and was returning it. I said it just cost too much and sadly I was returning it. (I left out the part that I was ordering it online!) She said we just had a red one returned would you be interested in it, I said how much will be taken off since it was in an open box item. She said I could get it for $179 plus tax! I of course wanted to know how long the other person had it and she showed me that it was out for 3 days. It looks brand new which I guess in a way it still is. Yes, it is a final purchase. I cannot return it for any reason but I did purchase the additional warranty for it, which covers anything. So for a little over $200 I got the 505 and a 2 year (any accident) warranty. I have never purchased anything in this manner before and I am hoping I didn't make a big mistake but I am happy with my purchase. I read my first book last night. 338 pages and I LOVED every minute of it.
Thank you all for all your help!
Stacey34 is offline   Reply With Quote