View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 11:51 PM   #26
LDBoblo
Wizard
LDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert501 View Post
Yep, that is what my paperback looks like up close. That Kindle font looks really nice-if that's what I can plan on seeing then my decision is made!! I can play with the contrast and fonts and get it perfect.
Unfortunately, the font I used in the Kindle pictures (Palatino Linotype) was embedded in a PDF, and is very different from the stock fonts (of which there are only two on the Kindle). I'm one of a small minority on this site that still strongly prefers PDFs to the native MOBI and EPUB files. When making a PDF, I have practically complete control over how the document looks, but the resulting layout is fixed, and is not really customizable.

There are indeed hacks and methods for getting different fonts on the Kindle, but the defaults are very limited. That said, Caecilia is not terrible, and with its big footprint and low contrast (stroke/serif tapers, not white/black contrast), is pretty easy to see and read.
LDBoblo is offline   Reply With Quote