Thread: Arc Kobo Arc?
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 11:38 AM   #12
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.culloch View Post
Cdesja5. You so missed my point.
In fact you confirmed my point. You have to use another reader on the native reader to fufil kobos reading mission. If you read the vox manual it tells you that you can only import non DRM books into your kobo library. Yes you can read using aldiko but the point is to fufil kobos reading mission you have to use another reader. Providing a non DRM copy of the book you purchased from kobo to read on another reader but not allow a DRM book bought from booksonboard to be imported and read using the kobo vox software is a bit one sided and weak.
I am fully aware that the Kobo reader software and app has it's limitations...and I agree to some degree, but it seemed to me that you were talking about the Vox itself (or so it seemed) not the reader software...just wanted to make sure that no one reading came away with the wrong impression.
For someone very interested in the social reading aspect the fact that side-loaded books don't post statistics in the Kobo ecosystem etc. might be a negative but this is the case on any tablet with the Kobo app as well, not just the Vox. Are you able to read ALL your DRM'd books on the Kobo app on your Playbook? I've not tried on my Galaxy Tab because I do all my reading with 1 app and that is Aldiko and that is so that I can sync all my books across my Vox and my phone as well.
On tablets there are many alternatives to using the Kobo app for reading and syncing, such as Mantano and Aldiko with Aldiko Sync and especially, using Calibre for library management. Just saying...

Last edited by Cdesja5; 09-07-2012 at 11:48 AM.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote