View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 08:26 AM   #3
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
Lately, some of the magazines come to the Tablet or Color as "enhanced" content, with extra features like links to additional info, etc. For example, I am a New Yorker physical magazine subscriber, and as part of the deal I get a free subscription to the Nook edition. The magazine pages on the Color look very similar to the physical pages, although I cannot swear that everything is there. HOWEVER, this type of enhanced magazine has one big problem, IMHO - it does not have an "article view" ability, and you cannot turn it to landscape mode. And you cannot zoom in or out. So a lot of times the text is awfully small.

Used to be that when you got a mag on the Color, it had the article mode, you could go landscape, and (I think) you could zoom in and out. So I think this enhanced magazine thing makes them worse. Unless I am missing something and am not doing it right (which I doubt - I mean, for example, I turn it landscape and shake it and nothing happens).

By the way, the magazine still comes down to any Touch or Classic Nook as pure text. In other words, even with these enhanced magazines, you get a pure text version sent to the Touch or Classic just by virtue of having the e-mag subscription. It is great to read on the Touch.
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote