View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 09:31 AM   #15
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenkost View Post
I think there is a confusion between terms Browse and Search and I may have contributed to this by the way I posted my request.

Search options are quite comprehensive and flexible in Content Server as was eloquently explained here.

I was requesting options for browsing where user knows nothing about the content and what to type in search bar and just explores the server using provided GUI.

I am just trying to explain my point and it is up to our generous host to decide what to do. Calibre is a beautiful software to manage ebooks and I am grateful for what we already have.
I was explaining that many configurable aspects of Calibre, such as custom columns and saved searches automatically become browse buttons in the Content Server. You haven't confirmed if you know that. There are several interfaces to the Content Server, and not all show those automatically created browse buttons with clickable links to saved searches. It's very common for users to think there is one and only one interface to the CS and not realize the options that automatically appear in other interfaces.

You will need to "explain your point" a bit more if you want it evaluated as a possible enhancement. Your original post indicated you didn't understand that multiple conditions can be set for the tag browser, and it still isn't clear if you understand what is already available with the content server using the /browse or /opds interfaces.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote