View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 06:03 PM   #43
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by edbro View Post
Oh no! I just saw Room with a View mentioned in the Most Boring Book thread.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=282

Anybody else have insight into this book?
To add to what doreenjoy said, I suggest reading that entire thread. There are many books in there that have been boring to some people that others would consider favourites. "Classics", quite understandably (remember school? ) get a fair old mention, and it wouldn't surprise me if most every book nominated in this thread has been or eventually will be mentioned in that.

FWIW, the small few pages of this book I started fascinated me much because of the language. I felt it as perfection... something to aspire to (if, perhaps, evolved to our own times ). Its humour was subtle - small smile rather than LOLing). YMMV.

Cheers,
Marc

Last edited by montsnmags; 11-21-2010 at 06:08 PM.