View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 12:31 AM   #16
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
Instead of going from a LibreOffice doc to HTML to open in Sigil you could try adding the writer2xhtml extension to LO which allows directly exporting to EPUB. One of the options there is to use or not use html entities.

That way you create a file without any entities in it and you don't have to worry about converting them.

BobC
Thanks Bob. I checked it out. Sounds like the ideal thing except there were all these warnings.

http://extensions.libreoffice.org/ex...r/writer2xhtml

(Or see the screen shot.) I'm using LO 4.0.4.2. So am I worrying about using it or just going ahead and giving it a shot? Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbnJrg View Post
In Sigil you can't do it (except with find & replace) but you can do something BEFORE importing the .html files in Sigil.

What you must do is to use the following inline converter:

http://www.convertstring.com/EncodeDecode/HtmlDecode

Just copy ALL the html source code in the respective window, press the buttom "Html Decode!" and in the "decoded text window" of the site, you'll have the .html code ready to paste it in Sigil (of course, you also can paste that code in your original .html file, save it, and then import it in Sigi).

Hopefully this can be of help.

Regards
Rubén
Thanks Ruben. I checked it out. Worked great. What a super cool tool. But am I going to be able to copy and past a hundred thousand word novel into it? That's the only thing. But if so, that could be the way to go. And whatever happens, what a nice tool to have available. Thanks for passing that along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
i was thinking of this setting, but maybe it is not relevant:

you see this settings in "Word options" under office button on the top left corner of the word, then select "Advanced" and keep scrolling down to the area until you see "Show document content" and turn off the setting named:- "Show field codes instead of their values"
I tried but couldn't find it, cybmole.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lo.PNG
Views:	127
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	107409  
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote