View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 10:48 AM   #11
theinfamousj
Groupie
theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo (pink back)
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_macd View Post
I thought all e-ink e-readers were the same in that as long as you have wi-fi turned off, the difference between off and sleep should be pretty negligible, as it shouldn't be doing anything while in sleep mode?
At least on my Kobo Wifi, sleep does do something: it blinks the power light every minute or so, using power. It also seems to keep the OS awake to respond to any button pushing, no matter how accidental. I turn mine off just to keep from coming back to random pages or books from when the buttons get pushed accidentally while residing in my bag. The battery life extension was an unexpected, added treat.

For the record, I keep wifi off at all times with my reader.
theinfamousj is offline   Reply With Quote