View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 06:19 PM   #391
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Like a lot of writers, Zelazny was a product of his times. In addition, he did a lot of things first that are now old hat. Really, the first 5 books were just one big book that was written as a magazine serial (most of the SF authors back then made their money writing for magazines). I found that once I got use to the somewhat dated style, it flowed much better. To an extent, it's a bit like reading a Verne book, or Doyle book. I will be interested in listening to the next 5 to see if his style changed over the years or not.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote