View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 01:04 PM   #20
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Who is to say that these professional UI designers actually know what the users want? What valid reason is there for not giving the users a setting of no margins along with differing margin settings? You'd then get the margins you like and I'd get rid of margins I don't like.

Bluefire does a good job with the margins on it's least margins setting. When you have an iPhone, a margin of 41 pixels is too big. The iPhone is only 3.5". Quite small.

I do feel sorry for you because you have the corporate view of things and not the user view. You think that someone who is a professional knows what's best for the user and the user has no clue what's good for them. Have you ever thought that the user knows what's best for the user?

I have a feeling that you may be one of these UI guys who doesn't actually have a clue what the user wants. The idea is to please the user so the user uses your product. I don't use a Kindle because I don't like some of the things forced upon us by the UI guys. I don't like the forced margins. I don't like the font. I don't like the line-height bug in the KF8 code. There are things the programmers should fix and should have fixed yesterday.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote