View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 01:20 PM   #14
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro Pete View Post
A couple of you mention using collections. Unless I am using it wrong, collections allows you to catagorize your books but when looking at your library in the reader they are all listed in the general catagory in addition to the assigned topic. I wanted to use a book format so that I wont have to sort through all my sermons to find what books I am reading and the reverse. I don't want to sort through all my books to see my sermons. I wish all of my subjects could remain closed until I requested to look at one specifically.
I'm not sure I'm quite understanding you here, so if I'm missing something, please let me know.

I'll use my 505 as an example, since it's right here, but I believe the 650 works almost identically. On the main screen, I have "Continue Reading", "Books by Title", "Books by Author", "Books by Date", and "Collections" (and other things after that, of course). If I select "Collections" it lists all the collections I have created by way of my Calibre tags: Science Fiction, for instance, happens to be at the top at the moment, but the dame page also has things like "Short Fiction", "Speeches", and "Sports". Choosing a collection lists all the books within that collection. Under the apparently mistaken assumption that you would be using the 650 solely to store sermons, I thought that would solve your problem: a "Genesis" collection might have sermons like "The Meaning of Creation Today" and "History's First Murderer", each of which would have the text, notes, or whatever for that sermon. That way, if you wrote a new one -- "Is the Tree of Knowledge Still Present?" -- you'd just tag it and it would be automatically added to the proper collection when you uploaded it to your reader.

Unfortunately, collections are only one level -- you can't have "Science Fiction" with "Modern SF" and "Classic SF" as additional collections inside it. However, by choosing your collection titles, you can put your collections where you want them. For instance, I have a few items I want to have immediately accessible, such as a calendar and a list of books I'm looking for (so, naturally, I didn't have my Reader along at Friday's AAUW book sale, and had to guess anyway!). I put those in a collection with an _underscore as the first character, so it's the first on the list. You could do that with your sermons, to put them at the beginning or end of the collections. For example, name a collection "z Genesis" and it would sort based on the z, and fall down to the end. Or "z 01 Genesis" to get the books in the proper order.

But in any event, it looks like no matter how the solution works out, it's going to involve Sigil and Calibre in some way.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote