View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 01:20 PM   #5
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
I found out about borrowing digital media from an article just like this. After reading the article, I contacted my library and was granted access to Overdrive. It hasn't really worked out for me (for the reasons cited in this article), but I got access. This sounds like another way for people to borrow e-books and that sounds good to me.

I don't really understand the negative responses. People do not have to be experts to report on something that interests them. If a mechanical engineer with an archaic e-reader discovers e-lending, is he supposed to not discuss the find because he is not properly credentialed? What is the proper credential for talking about e-readers? 1000 posts on MR? 10k karma?

A lot of people got ereaders for Christmas and there are reports that many of these are underutilized. Hopefully, this and similar TV reports will encourage the owners to visit their librarian and maybe start reading digital books.

How is that a bad thing?
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote