View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 06:27 AM   #11
zacheryjensen
Addict
zacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-bookszacheryjensen has learned how to read e-books

Device: iPad, iPhone 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bremen Cole View Post
The same is true for me. I have not bought a paper book in years. But if you pay the same for the ebook, you are giving much more profit to the publisher. That was the point of my post.
I view this as only being a good thing. The only way you have any influence whatsoever on the sort of products that are made, and thus, are available to you in the future, is by coercing dollars into the pockets of those responsible for the production of said things. Also known as "vote by dollar."

The more influence I have over the conglomerates who actually decide which people they will pay to write more books, the better, imho. Even better that through digital sales, the odds that they know how many dollars were caused by which particular items and authors is much greater, and so the results can be more finely grained.
zacheryjensen is offline   Reply With Quote