View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 01:38 AM   #13
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
I do believe PDF is now an open, ISO standard. That said, unless it's a technical manual/textbook/something else I want to print, I don't want PDF for my ebooks. I tend to read on a variety of screen sizes and orientation and that usually requires conversion to various formats. While PDF is a good end-format (assuming a standard screen size to match the PDF), it doesn't really lend itself well to conversion unlike (X)HTML.

Someone cited the iPhone as a good PDF reader. For its size, yeah, it's pretty decent, but the PDF reading experience using the built-in reader leaves much to be desired. I don't really fancy having to pinch and flick all the time just to navigate a letter-size document.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote