View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 02:15 AM   #67
QuantumIguana
Philosopher
QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 gen, Kindle Fire 1st Gen, Kindle Touch
Quote:
What kind of compensation per post are you looking for, a share of the ad revenue from this site based on number of thread views? I mean, what is a forum but a non fictional narrative?
You have no point. You're attempting to pull the wool over people's eyes by conflating books with posts on a message board. People voluntarily allow others to view their message board posts without charge. This in no way implies that books should be free, as unlike posts on a message board, the author of the books did not give people permission to read them without payment.

Quote:
If I was advocating piracy, which I cannot do since piracy does not exist, I might say that it would be ok to not compensate an author for reading a book that you did not enjoy, although the deeper question to you would be why were you reading a book that you did not enjoy?
Piracy does in fact exist. Authors could choose to only require payment if you liked the book, but they instead sell books. When you go to a restaurant, you pay for a meal. You don't have to pay more if you liked it a lot, you don't get to pay a reduced rate if you didn't like it. Like everything else, if you want it, you pay for it, if you don't then don't buy it. You may not like the terms that the author set, but that doesn't entitle you to dictate anything.
QuantumIguana is offline   Reply With Quote