View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 10:51 AM   #7
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by soondai View Post
as in no 51 step rooting process to load up Kindle and Angry Birds and have to worry you'll get zapped with an auto update that sets you back to square one if you forget to turn off the wifi and drive by a McDonalds

I like the Nook Color and almost pulled the trigger. Only thing that really stopped me was the skinny screen ratio--too much scrolling to read PDFs in landscape. Got me a cheapie to last until next Xmas. Very confident 300 bucks will net a very nice 10 inch tablet by then.

Looks like the reviews on this tablet are pretty mediocre. If I had to buy something today I'd probably go with the Archos 101 for 300 bucks. But like I said, I suspect I can get something for that price next year that won't leave me feeling like I compromised.
It's not a finished product. Apparently even though it is a dual core Tecra2 it only use one chip.

Since this device does not have the market there will be some tweaking needed on this device to get the Kindle app and angry birds, (though you can get angry birds from getjar.

This device is also extreamly sluggish. I'm thinking if viewsonic does release the source the XDA developers would be able to make an OS version that can really make use of the hardware.

As of today however it is not a finished product.
=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote