View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 02:25 PM   #356
Faenad
Ad astra per aspera
Faenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-505, PRS-300 & HTC HD2
Quote:
Originally Posted by iReaderReview View Post
Faenad,
Amazon recently changed the free internet. thanks for bringing it up. will update the post.

No idea why it was there initially (perhaps better wireless agreements) and why it was removed (perhaps because 171 other countries felt Kindle had less value for them).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
Amazon only states that blogs is not avalable for Japan, Hongkong and Mexico - nothing about Internet access.

Amazon seems to be changing its mind every day. When I checked it was
"Blogs and the experimental web browser are currently not available for your country" like the other countries.

Now it's : "Blogs are currently not available for your country"

Hmm, I will believe it when I see it. Mexico on the cutting edge of technology, on par with Japan & HK?
Hard to believe. My theory is that someone at Amazon inverted the contracts for Canada and Mexico. North, South, etc... after all, Americans are notoriously bad at geography

Or perhaps Carlos Slim is buying a Kindle and wanted it to come with free Internet.

As a side note, I'm glad not to be living in Brazil. $585 USD Kindle. Nice one Lula.
Faenad is offline   Reply With Quote