View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 03:40 AM   #205
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
It would be nice if Amazon would add yellow leds to the mix, for a more warm feeling.
I'd love to be able to switch between current hue, and like the yellow-orange-sunset orange setting.
Perhaps in the future the ppw will have 3 color leds, with 256 color variations :-)

@Blossom:
It's funny but the pink blob on your edited photo's is exactly where it's visible on mine (not everywhere on the screen, but only faintly where your photo shows the color deviation.
The same style of pink too!

I'm thinking, the color deviation could be from light waves canceling each other out, but another theory I've been devising, is the one of a prism.
When light bounces in a glass substrate, many times along the whole screen, it might not be surprising that the colors start acting up like on a prism.
Like, if they had created a 20 in tablet, with the same glass substrate (only larger), and a few more leds for bigger power output, we might not only have seen pink, but yellow, light green, and perhaps even blue-ish deviations as well further away from the leds.
Perhaps it would have been wiser from Amazon to put even smaller leds in the device, both on the top, and bottom of the device.
That would help even out the colors on the screen somewhat, as well as better take care of the shadows on the bottom.

So aside from the wave cancellation theory, there might be a theory of wave refraction/reflection with prism effect, that could be the cause of the color deviations.

If that be the case, then unless they do something obvious, like changing the thickness of the screen, or amount of Leds, ALL kindles will have these color blobs.

And lastly,
I was reminded of some kind of middle age century painter, which I forgot the name of, who painted his paintings using too much red in his later life.
Turns out old age affected his eyes, and he became partially color blind (he could not differentiate between true colors, and colors with too much red in them, perhaps losing the sense of being able to see red in his eyes?)
Anyway, color blindness, or old age, may affect your ability to see these deviations.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote