View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 11:08 AM   #123
gchaowu
gchaowu began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc, iPad, iPod touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by RareBird View Post
The browser is the stock android browser so Kobo can't do anything about it unfortunately. Have you tried another browser? I use chrome instead personally. I don't know if it has the function you're looking for but might be worth a look.
I thought the "Browser" that come with Kobo Arc is a modified version with the special feature to save the entire page for offline viewing?! Perhaps it is possible to find the saved page (image) somewhere using some tools?

I tried Pocket, Readability, and many others but they don't work with pages requiring authentication, as "Share" seem to only save the text or URL, not entire page as it is shown on the web browser.

I'm using Chrome as my main browser but have no luck. Also tried Opera and it's able to save pages (as HTML, not just screenshot), but same problem with sharing. Firefox can save as PDF but content on the right seems to be cropped most of time. There is a screenshot add-on for Firefox, but the saved page has limited resolution (no good for OCR).

I'll continue to try Dolphin and other browsers...
gchaowu is offline   Reply With Quote