Thread: Glo Dictionary
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 05:09 PM   #15
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
Maybe I misunderstood Papi's post. When a useless definition pops up (in the English dictionary), you can't then select a word in the definition and get a definition of that word.
Right! Unfortunately, there are no working hyperlinks in any dictionaries and no way to select a word and jump to the appropriate dicionary entry. And this is indeed annoying. But you can open the definition or translation box and type any word you like in order to look it up. This is however not possible with the French-French dictionary. This is why Papi said
Quote:
I'd have to search for the word "vénale" but can't find the way of doing it.
This is evidently a bug in the FW. The only (practicable) work around for the moment I know is to rename the French-French dictionary into dicthtml-de.zip or similar. As soon as one does this one can search this dictionary, because the device "thinks" it is the German etc. dictionary.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote