View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 10:18 AM   #1
tm3
Groupie
tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: Kindle 3
Metadata problem

i'm having a problem with metadata and would appreciate some help figuring out what i am doing wrong.

my goal is to have the metadata appear in my kindle. i have selected the option "insert metadata as page at start of book." after downloading the metadata i did a mobi to mobi conversion. when i open the mobi in calibre, the metadata appears when i select the "i" icon (for metadata) but does not appear when i page through the book using the purple arrow icons.

so, up to this point all seems OK although i thought i read a comment here that the metadata should show when using the purple scroll arrows.

the problem is that i have done this with half a dozen or so books, and after emailing to the kindle only one displays the metadata on the kindle. it appears after the cover page. the other books have the cover, table of contents, etc. but no metadata.

i'm puzzled why this would work for one book, but not others.

any ideas?

i posed this question in the kindle forum and did not get anywhere but since this is a feature with real appeal to me i don't want to give up on it.

thanks
tm3 is offline   Reply With Quote