View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 05:36 PM   #37
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by kergoth View Post
Really looking forward to that fix.
This "bug" only stretches vertically downward less than maximum height images and is caused by the pylrs code used within PDFRead's output.py module. I have tried different blockstyle & blockrule combinations, but to no avail. The only fix is to pad the bottom of less than maximum height images to the maximum height. Sloppy, but effective. I'd like to fix this along with your other issue below as they both need the maximum height determined.

Quote:
Also running into a slight oddity on the prs505. The pages are always substantially smaller than the screen size. So much so, that it's -almost- small enough to fit on the screen correctly when zoomed to medium, but not quite, parts are cut off. Anyone have any ideas on this? I'd like it to fill the screen when at small zoom. Thanks.
The default width and height for the Sony PRS-500/505 are 583, 753 and can be changed using the Size H: and V: input areas, though the actual screen size I believe is being hampered by the "hard-coded" dimensions in the Output.py module in the LrfOuput routine i.e. 565, 754 and 768.

Try entering 600 800 into the Size H: and V: input areas and see if the results are different. If not, then we need to tweak those hard coded values and determine the best values to use. I can only rely on the software lrfviewer (not owning a Sony PRS-500/505) which may not be indicative of how the hardware ereader handles this. I will try to recompile soon the dos pdfread.exe to use different "hard-coded" values in an attempt to 'flush-out' the best values to use. I think 583, 753 and 800 may be better hard-coded values. We'll see...

EDIT: For Sony PRS-500/505 users only, added test .zip to replace current pdfread.exe and library.zip in bin directory of the PDFRead install. Please report if there is any improvement utilizing the max. screen area using the 583, 753 and 800 "hard-coded" values. Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: zip PDFRead-bin.zip (2.25 MB, 1102 views)

Last edited by nrapallo; 06-04-2008 at 09:36 AM. Reason: added test .zip
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote