View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 09:02 PM   #13
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I am older than you
Congratulations on your birth, 52 is the age cited in the study and thus relavant to me. So which study do you agree with?

Quote:
I do NOT use any Line Spacing (normally) in my CSS and all the reader programs I use do good
Kovid stated
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
It only get applied to elements that already have a line height specified.
If your elements don't use line height then this setting won't affect you.

Quote:
I do use LS when I do stuff with my first paragraph and the line looks wierd. But that is the exception.
Change the setting to 0 and this setting won't affect you in any way shape or manner.

This setting is for folks who don't know what line height is and don't want to know. They just want their converted books to be readable without having any lines overlap. This default setting will prevent many bug tickets and questions on this board about why their ebook lines overlap.

Quote:
Now I would really like to set indent as a percentage.
If epub supports this you ought to be able to format your books in this manner. What is the advantage of using % for specifying indents?

I use calibre's indent feature myself. I set it to 1.1em. Doesn't using em give you a proportional indent as the font size scales larger?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote