View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 01:57 PM   #11
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfABrain View Post
I tried this as well. I have been eying a new eReader but at this point can't justify the $. Walmart had a sale on an EnVue DPF3510 for $29. It has a 3.5 inch 320x240 color display, displays jpg files, and accepts SD cards.

I bought the thing and wrote a program to convert my Gutenberg books to lossless jpg files. I like it a lot except for one thing... every time I boot it up, it starts back at page 1, and there's no good way to navigate back through the hundreds of pages to where I was reading. It does have a thumb display where I can forward through 9 pages at a time in about 5 seconds, but it still takes way too long. I can get around it by buying cheap SDcards off ebay, and only transfer a couple hundred pages at a time onto each card.

I'm considering buying a bigger one. Perhaps a 7 or 8 inch frame. The Genie ones look amazing, and the Philips ones have possibilities. But I really need to make sure it has better navigation capabilities. Has anyone else tried this and gotten one that has a better nav system?
There is already one written for the Zune and it works with digital frames and other such devices. Check the wiki https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Zune_ebook_creator

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote