View Single Post
Old 03-07-2009, 07:08 PM   #7
HalfABrain
HalfABrain began at the beginning.

Device: none
I tried this as well. I have been eying a new eReader but at this point can't justify the $. Walmart had a sale on an EnVue DPF3510 for $29. It has a 3.5 inch 320x240 color display, displays jpg files, and accepts SD cards.

I bought the thing and wrote a program to convert my Gutenberg books to lossless jpg files. I like it a lot except for one thing... every time I boot it up, it starts back at page 1, and there's no good way to navigate back through the hundreds of pages to where I was reading. It does have a thumb display where I can forward through 9 pages at a time in about 5 seconds, but it still takes way too long. I can get around it by buying cheap SDcards off ebay, and only transfer a couple hundred pages at a time onto each card.

I'm considering buying a bigger one. Perhaps a 7 or 8 inch frame. The Genie ones look amazing, and the Philips ones have possibilities. But I really need to make sure it has better navigation capabilities. Has anyone else tried this and gotten one that has a better nav system?
HalfABrain is offline   Reply With Quote