View Single Post
Old 12-29-2008, 07:58 PM   #30
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab Plus, Droid phone, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj2me View Post
This thread says that loading via Sony's eBook Library is better for pagination.

Also, one might want to utilize these two Library apps to catalog one's collection, e.g., newspaper and magazine subscriptions on Calibre and books on eBook Library.
I dunno about that, but I just downloaded some free books from the Sony store, and discovered that I had no choice but to add them to the Reader through the Sony app. (DRM'd lrf, I guess.) Took me forever to find the damn book files, which were in a folder Sony had created without telling me about its location, and the filenames were gibberish.

One strong advantage of Calibre I've discovered in the last day is the ability (on non-DRM books) to change the metadata and tags to help sort the books once they're on the Reader. For example, Fiction / Science Fiction / Fantasy / short stories, etc. (At least on the PRS700, which creates collections of these groups. Don't know about the other
Reader models.)

Last edited by starrigger; 12-29-2008 at 08:09 PM.
starrigger is offline   Reply With Quote